Monday, September 8, 2008

MTV "Awards" is no reason for helicopter noise




Last night, the MTV "Awards" show took place at Paramount Studios. The Studios are approximately 1 mile due south of where I live. I count 12 fly-overs last night. That doesn't include any of the noisy vehicles that circled. The dignity of Los Angeles seems to matter little where money is involved.

I'm posting a few photos of the aberrations.

I also emailed VIACOM, the parent company of MTV and Paramount. The have only a web-based email form to fill out, so I don't have an email address to post. Also, their form requires the sender to select a "Subject". Of course, none of their subjects gets close to what my email is about, so I chose "Investor Relations".

Text of email:

The MTV Awards show caused my "peace and quiet" to be "disturbed" between approximately 6:44 pm to 9:49 pm on Sunday September 7, 2008. That is the time that helicopters and airplanes "buzzed" over the Paramount Studios. I live approximately 1 mile due North of the Studio. Can you please supply me with the names of the companies and the pilots of the helicopters or airplanes that flew around Paramount at those times?

Mark Preston

--end of email text--

Only a few minutes after trying to email Viacom, I received a "Deliver Status Failure" from my emailer.

2 comments:

Bill Levine said...

ericuagAt 6 AM today they woke us out of our sleep in Mid-City, at La Brea and Pico

Bill Levine said...

I am writing about another serious problem. Are you aware of geoengineering projects where planes spray aluminum oxide and other hazardous chemicals in the air?

I am writing today because yesterday was the worst spraying they have ever done. It lasted from pre-dawn to mid afternoon when the space shuttle flew by.

Please let me know what you or the FAA think about this and what I can do as a concerned citizen. For more info you can go to this website:
http://www.geoengineeringwatch.org

Sincerely,

Bill Levine